Saturday, July 17, 2010

So Little Time

This may be coming a little late, but I did promise (to myself) to abide to the blog schedule I so quickly made on Tuesday. What will become of it if I can't even keep up with it within the first week? I'm having a change of heart on whether it should be strictly to-do lists, or just lists in general, but this is just the first post, so I don't want to get ahead of myself.


I have quite a liking towards making lists, so expect to see them around here more often. My to-do lists can be never ending, so to keep it as precise as possible, I'll share with you an abridged version (but not necessarily). Instead of listing every little task, I'll account for around five things that I hope to do within the upcoming week along with a 'brief' footnote as to why it's part of the list. With so many things to do, I'll be trying to tackle each errand one at a time so hopefully by this time next week, a new set of duties will be presented.

» HIPAA: I've mentioned this test in the past, I'm sure (I hope). It's one of the many obligations I must fulfill in order to become a nursing student this coming fall semester. It's basically an ethics test which will test me on the basics of what information can or cannot be shared. Information such as patient names, condition, medication, etc. I still have yet to read through the 50+ pages of information and take the test which is available online. This task is at the top of my list, and I'm making it my top priority.

» Driving: I'm 19 years old/young, and I still have yet to get my license! But guess what?! I'll be taking my test this coming Wednesday. I've been practicing as much as possible with the time that my parents have to take me out on the road. I've gotten more comfortable behind the wheel, but the thing is, my dad had a change of mind, and decided that I won't be using the truck (what I have been practicing on this whole time) and decided that it would be best to use my mom's SUV. Let's hope it doesn't change anything. I'll be practicing as much as possible during the next few days, if time and availability permits.

» Close-up: Close-up is a recent project of mine mainly to practice my photography. Not to say that I'm even close to being an amateur. I would say I'm a level, or even two, before 'beginner'. My old point-and-shoot did the job of capturing images from my eyes and putting them on a tiny LCD screen so well and would have been exceptional for this project. However, through tons of high-school parties and trekking through dirt during unplanned hikes in the wild forest behind our small town, my old Sony was put to rest. I now have a new point-and-shoot, although I was saving up for a DSLR, that has most of the capabilities of my old point-and-shoot, but without a touch screen to adjust focus on a certain object. To get to the point, this project consists of images of textures that I come across that would best be explained as the point of view of an ant, or a small bug. This item is continuous, and I'm hoping to get the first set out sometime this coming week.

» Transfer old files to external drive: My poor old MacBook has been suffering a bit during these last couple of weeks with tons of GBs of music, pictures, word documents, and so much more. I'm usually on the dot when it comes to keeping the available space near it's maximum capacity, but oh boy, this past semester was a lazy one (computer organization wise). I felt no need to save anything to my external drive or even my thumb drive, and so space slowly filled up. I'm contemplating whether or not I should back-up all my files and reboot my whole mac so I can start anew. I've installed so many programs and saved so many files, it's a bit ridiculous.

» Blog HTML: I'm no expert when it comes to coding up a website. I know the basics of HTML, and that barely gets me by considering what I really want to do with a website. I have some past knowledge about the subject when I was in middle school and I first signed up for xanga, asian avenue, and myspace. I was all about revamping my site and creating a whole new layout. I still have a few templates that I've saved up from xanga, but these days are long gone. I feel I'm being introduced yet again to a whole new language. This blog will be up and running soon though, fingers crossed.

Ok, so these all aren't exactly short-term goals that can be completed within a week, with my mindset that is. But 'go big or go home' right? I'm just putting these out there as some type of motivation to get me moving along. After all, I have about 5 weeks until school starts again, and I know for a fast that 5 weeks will fly by, quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment