Sunday, July 18, 2010

Family Movie Night: From Paris with Love

I really wasn't too sure if I wanted to blog today, but I thought I'd keep with the consistency that is my blogging as of late. From the title of this post, you can see that my family and I had a movie night. We have these on occasion, usually during the weekends when everyone is home, and rested. The last movie night we had, we watched Undisputed III, which was surprisingly a good movie and has become one of my favorites (not just because of the hot guy). Coincidentally, I also posted that blog on a Sunday, having watched the film on Saturday, and so I've decided to add it to the blog lineup.



Having a subscription to Netflix is never less than amazing. I have no control as to what's coming next, so it's always a treat for me. My dad and brother decide what movies are coming up in the queue, but I have no complaints because I'm a fan of action movies as well. Tonight was no different from the past movies we've watched. We ate dinner, took our respective seats and the movie began. To be honest, my first impression of the movie was not favorable. I actually had something to say about everything, to myself of course. For one, the title - it's no biggie, but it really was a bit cliche.





I felt there were a lot of unnecessary noises during a few scenes, like a tire screech here or a gunshot there. A lot of it just didn't fit. I also didn't fancy much of Jonathan Rhys Meyers' acting. I didn't believe anything that came out of his mouth or his actions at times. I think he'd do better in a romantic comedy.



Toward the end, it moved more toward my liking, and there were a lot more fighting/shooting sequences that were quite enjoyable. Then, the end. Oh my, the plot twists. It wasn't as shocking as say, an M. Night Shyamalan plot twist, but it really came out of nowhere. I don't want to spoil anything if you want to watch it for yourself, but one thing I must say is that it doesn't end as much as the picture above portrays. Quite opposite, really, but now I'm saying too much. My overall thoughts on the film? I'd give it about 3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment