Monday, July 19, 2010

Music Monday: Explosions in the Sky

And now for the first installment of Music Mondays -


Explosions in the Sky could be best described as the modern day symphony. With most songs never less than 5 minutes, you can easily get lost in the smooth instrumentals. I would have never known that the group uses just two electric guitars, a bass guitar, and a drum set rather than being a mini symphony of sorts. Chris Hrasky, one of their band members states that one of their goals is to "immediately [grab] your attention and [to get] to your emotions." I believe it does just that.


Currently, one of my favorite songs from the band is 'Your Hand In Mine' which has been on repeat for the past couple of days. The above video is just a snippet of it, as the song is around 8 minutes long. It's a very tender piece, and I picture myself walking down the aisle to it with each melody introducing the next flower girl, ring bearer, bridesmaids/maids of honor, bestmans, the groom, and finally the bride. Take a listen, and I'm sure you will see this group featured on another Music Monday to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment