Sunday, March 11, 2012

9/52

This post is coming in late, and it's still coming in at an awkward time because I have a big exam this week, but I couldn't push it any longer.

I liked this 9th week. I guess I could call it the week before the storm? There was a lot of time to relax, and also a lot of time to have fun. It's already March, so the pace of this year is going a little too fast for comfort. Everything is just passing by and I still have so many things to do before summer starts. I got a call from the coordinator for this internship I applied for, so now it's the waiting game. I have papers and exams coming up, I have appointments and things happening, that it's getting hard to keep track of.

In terms of fun, my roommate and I had an acai week and went out to eat some acai bowls multiple times. There were a few pick me ups throughout the day, and at the end of the week, I got some sushi and I celebrated the first Friday of the months with some friends.

Every first Friday of the month, there's a block party in China town where you drink, have fun, meet new people, and maybe look at some art. If I had it my way, it would've been a tad funner... my roommate made the mistake of bringing a 19 year old, so we weren't able to do much but stick with the underage crowd. We did however get into one bar, but only because I snuck her in. But hey, there's nine more first Fridays in the year. The next first is after Spring Break, but we have another exam coming up around that time, so we'll see how that goes.

In the end, I liked this week. There's a first time for everything, but I hope the saying "first is the worst, second is the best" applies in this case.


(take what you need; acai; to-do)

No comments:

Post a Comment