Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cacti and Getting Older






On Monday, my grandma turned 66. Young she is. I also figured out that she's only 16 years older than my dad. They could be siblings! My grandma was one of the few people that would babysit me and my brother when we were young. She loves plants, and gardening - just like my parents. My grandparents also grow a lot of their own vegetables, and the vegetable dishes usually involve the food that they grow. It's something they brought from their childhood. I think when I get older, I'll be just the same... into gardening, that is...

I took pictures of cacti because it's one thing her garden is abundant of. When I think about it, the cactus is a pretty cool plant. It really stands on its own. Able to weather through storms because of its tough exterior and protect itself from anything trying to hurt it. I'll leave you with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment