Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Birthday/Graduation Party

This past Saturday our family celebrated my cousin's 22nd birthday and graduation from college over at his casa. His house, I can't even think of a word to describe how wonderful looking it is. My cousin alone picked each piece of furniture and paint color for the walls and basically designed the entire interior. Their home even has a 'bridge', if you want to call it that, but it's basically an area above the kitchen that leads to the bedrooms and could also count as a second living room/entertainment area. His home has about 3 'living areas' total. To put it in simpler terms, I am way jealous of what he lives in when he's home and not in college. I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera's memory card so I would've been able to share the greatness with you.

We got to the party a little early, so I stayed outside and waited for the group of people my age to start coming in, because at that moment, I was surrounded by parents, grandparents, and the rest of the 'middle-aged' folk. No one came for a while, so I decided to head upstairs to that bridge/living room area and watched some House by myself for a bit. Eventually 'my people' came, basically my cousins. Not all of them were able to make it, because some of them went to Birthday Bash at the Waikiki Shell which is a Hawaiian/Reggae concert held by a local radio station. I was planning to go, but family first, right?

Since I forgot my memory card at home, my pictures have been limited to what could fit in my camera's internal memory. Which isn't much with the setting I've had it at. For most of the night, my brother's girlfriend and I were playing with my nephew. He went around hiding his DSi, and we had the job of trying to find it.
We also had a little 'photo-shoot' in the striped bathroom.
I feel like I shouldn't be showing you all the toiletries he has, but I didn't want to have to deal with cropping the picture.

The last picture I was able to fit into my camera was a picture of my dad, and his brothers and sisters (my aunts and uncles).
The first boy from the left is my dad. I actually didn't know he was the oldest boy, but the second oldest. I guess I thought wrong... My youngest aunt was yet to be born, so she's not in the picture, obviously.

I really wish I remembered to bring my memory card because there was so much more I wish I documented. For one, my niece had the cutest outfit on with a matching headband, as she always does. She was also having so much fun climbing/sliding up and down the stairs. I also wish I was able to get the picture of the food. Halfway through the line I thought I grabbed what seemed like some good food, that is until I looked further down, then to my plate, seeing that I will completely run out of room eventually. My plate was pretty stacked. I'm sure I gained a couple of pounds. And last, his cake. His cake was delicious. It was a half-and-half of dobache (sp?) and chantilly.

I must never forget my memory card ever again. It will really decrease the amount of typing I have to do, and the amount of reading you have to do. And after all, pictures are worth a thousand words. Or maybe I just need an iPhone (and all of its cool photo apps) or just someone who can figure out why my blackberry camera is not working...

Tomorrow, shopping post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment