Friday, July 23, 2010

We've Got Everything

On Saturday, I mentioned that one of the things I wanted to complete this week was to officially become a licensed driver. Well, my appointment was at 8am this past Wednesday, and I couldn't be any more nervous than I was the night before. I went to sleep at around 3, mainly worrying about what was at hand when I woke up in just a few hours. What sucked was my dad didn't take me out to practice the day before, so I wasn't able to fine tune some things. But, enough worrying about the past, because right now, at this moment, I am a licensed driver!
Hawaii has such a unique drivers license, what with the rainbow, the state seal hologram, and even the state cutout of each island. Of course, for my safety, it was necessary that I blur out some information. Let me tell you, I was so relieved when the person giving me the test told me I just barely passed, literally. The cutoff for the amount of points you were allowed to get was 15, and yes, I got a 15. When the test was over, she kept me in the car for about 10 minutes explaining to me everything I did wrong, and showing me articles of people who have passed away from bad judgement while driving. Everyone waiting outside probably thought I had failed, because even I thought I did.

When the test was over, we headed to the nearby bakery to thank one of my grandmas for scheduling my appointment with her friend. If not for her, I wouldn't have been able to take the test this month. We headed home afterward, and my mom told me to lie to my dad about passing, saying that he didn't teach me a few key things. I couldn't hide it though, I was too happy and relieved that my smile could be seen from space. After a hearty breakfast, we headed out (me being the driver) to Pearl City Sears for a new water filter for the fridge, and to Pearlridge to get a few polos for my dad. At sears, I bought this amazing lace skirt -
Which came with this cute belt -
We had lunch at The Gazebo, which is at the top floor of the mall. I chose to eat a Chinese Chicken Salad; it was delicious. The last stop we made before going home was to Target, and of course, I splurged a bit. We rarely ever shop there, even though my mom works in the building right next to the place. Today's mini shopping spree was mainly school related; every year before the semester begins, I'm able to get a few new things (clothes, basically). Instead of listing each item, I took pictures!

One of the main things I needed for the upcoming semester, black pants for nursing.
My first pair! And they're so comfortable! Who would've thought?!
Lace always makes my day.
I had to get shoes of course, these were too cute to turn down.
I was in need of some new slippers/flip flops, and these were beyond comfortable.
The stud detail on the slippers. Really cute!
And lastly, I got new sheets for my dorm room!
Such a great replacement to my black sheets. Hopefully they're just as comfortable.

And so concludes the majority of my day, as the rest of the day was spent catching up with everything and everyone. Speaking of catching up, I need to finish up the rest of the things on my to-do list. And so I leave you with a line from Modest Mouse's We've Got Everything:
We know everything was built to expire, so I guess we've done everything if we carried it out to sea, pushed it over the edge we'd all have been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment