Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer Sunsets

I love sunsets/sunrises. They were a lot more enjoyable at home before my parents decided to plant a few palm trees and other plants in the backyard, and during my freshman year in college when my dorm was situated in the perfect spot for sunset viewing. This past year (school year), my dorm was located in a corner, and nowhere near an area to see the sun. But this year, I made sure to get a dorm where the sun and my alarm clock are the only thing waking me up and not the garbage truck on its morning run.

A couple nights ago, one of the better sunsets graced us with its presence, and I decided to capture the moment for myself. As I said, my parents have planted a bunch of palm trees, and they have gotten pretty big over the years. This is the view from the ground.
It was a complete fail, and I was running out of time. I looked over to my neighbors backyard, who has absolutely no plants (other than grass), and he had the perfect view. We have a pretty solid wall between us, so the only thing I could do was set up an old kitchen stool on some unsteady rocks under the laundry line, and snap a picture of the sunset that he can see, but coming from a different angle and a few feet higher. I can be pretty clumsy, so I took a couple pictures as fast as I could, and wa-la, hawaii sunset magic.
When I do move, and I sure as hell plan to, this is one of the things I'll miss...

No comments:

Post a Comment