Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday's Featured Film x Family Movie Night

I've decided to include Family Movie Night posts into FFF posts on occasion as I usually don't have time to post anything on Sundays. There will also be times when I won't have time to post on Fridays, and so FFF will be moved to Sundays with Family Movie Nights if necessary. These types of posts are closely related and so I thought they would go well together.

Today's Featured Film is Paper Heart. A bit different from the usual featured film in that it's a full film documentary rather than a short film. Combining elements of documentaing and traditional storytelling, reality and fantasy, Paper Heart brings a fresh perspective to the modern romance and redefines the classic love story.
The documentary follows Charlyne Yi who doesn't believe in love. To help rid herself of this thought, she brings along her good friend, Nicholas, on a journey across America to search for answers and advice about the four letter word. Everyone she talks to, strangers or people she may know, all offer different views on romance. Shortly after, Charlyn meets Michael Cera whom she develops a relationship with and the documentary takes a turn for the better. But to continue with the film, Charlyne risks losing the person she finds closest to her heart. Watch the trailer for the film below. If you have a netflix account, the documentary is free to watch instantly.

Family Movie Night
:
Shutter Island is one of those movies that like to mess with your mind. Same with most films Leonardo DiCaprio has starred in, especially Inception. You really have no idea what's really going on until the end. I came in watching this film thinking I would be terrified and scared, but I thought wrong. The film may be a thriller, but I wasn't exactly thrilled. I don't quite know the right word to explain what this movie is, rather than a thriller, but I really enjoyed the movie. Leo has made his way to my list of great actors. He seems to go for roles that involve having a troubled past, and it fits him well. I'm really bad at giving any type of rating to movies because I enjoy all movies, except for Lady in the Water which exceptionally sucked. So watch the movie for yourself and you decide whether you like it or not. Personally, I loved it.
When in Rome was just okay. I think they spoiled everything for you in the trailer, fooling you to think that the whole movie would be pretty funny. But the trailer pretty much sums up the movie for you. It was very cliche and ended the way you would think it would end, happily ever after. I guess what you see is what you get, right? The movie had all the fixings needed to create the typical chick flick, and if you're looking for one of those, this is the movie for you. One of the only reasons why I wanted to watch it is because of Josh Duhamel. He is the total package. Well I haven't met him, so I wouldn't know, but he sure as hell is one of the more handsome men out there. So although the movie wasn't what I was hoping, I still got to see what I wanted to see.

And so the featured films continue, and the netflix queue keeps spewing out new movies to watch. Sadly, school starts up soon, and I won't be able to catch all the movies my dad will probably be watching when I'm gone. Maybe I'll subscribe to netflix myself, and I'll have nothing to worry about. In the mean time, it's still one week away.

No comments:

Post a Comment