Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

It's a day where Americans celebrate the independence of a nation that my ancestors have nothing to do with...


My family isn't too big about celebrating the holiday. No barbecues or picnics of the sort. We're more of a New Year's kind of bunch when it comes to firework related get togethers. I do wish the Lozano clan had something, anything up their sleeve for this occasion like taking a trip to the beach, the park, a fireworks show, a trip around the island or having a good ol' potluck. I really don't remember the last time we celebrated today.

Anyway, I guess it's another year of watching fireworks from my backyard. However, with my parents being avid gardeners, despite having a great collection of plant photography (that I will share soon enough), the view is slowly becoming less enjoyable. Maybe I need to take a trip to the roof to get some legitimate views of the show.

Enjoy the holiday that continues til tomorrow. Here are a few pictures to commemorate the pyrotechnic beauty of today...


Light paint via sparklers -




Images via flickr & photojojo

No comments:

Post a Comment